The winter PTA-sponsored after-school programs are coming soon. Official registration forms will be sent home with students the week of December 5th.
Clarksville Elementary School Spirit Wear makes a great holiday gift for your child. Show your school spirit this holiday season by ordering today.
You can order online, and there will be paper forms available during in-school parent-teacher conferences. Check out our order form for more details. All proceeds benefit the Clarksville ES PTA. https://forms.gle/bKJoaXhoZ997XYMW8
The 2022-2023 theme for the Reflections Program is “Show Your Voice!”
The National PTA Reflections Program invites all students to participate and share their artwork! There are 6 categories: film, dance, musical composition, photography, visual arts and literature; with 2 age groups for elementary school students: K-2(Primary) and 3-5(Intermediate).
Please contact the co-chairs to inquire the rules of entry (highly recommended for film and dance entries)
How to Enter:
– Electronic Submission: Please email your artwork along with the filled-out attached entry form to CES Reflection Co-Chairs: Eric Pang (email@example.com) or Xin Gao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Drop off: please attach your art to the filled-out attached entry form and drop them off in the collection box in front of the CES main entrance.
The deadline for entries has been extended and is now November 29!!.
We’ve begun to plan for Spring Fling, tentatively scheduled for April 22, 2023!! Spring Fling is a carnival-type event featuring food trucks, games, inflatables, performers, teacher raffle and other wonderful surprises. We need a LOT of help to make it the wonderful event that it is. We need subcommittee chairs or the event will have to be greatly scaled back. Please take a look at the attached descriptions of the various subcommittees and let us know if you can help!! If we can’t get subcommittee chairs, the event will have to be greatly scaled back!! If you are interested in being a subcommittee chair, a planning meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 29 at 8 pm via Zoom. Please email Eileen Brewer at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to help!
Click here for more information on the volunteer options!
Help us provide support to our families who may be in need during the Thanksgiving and Winter Holidays!! It’s more important than ever that we support our families who may be struggling this year. In 2020, CES and the River Hill High School PTSA began a donation drive to provide at-need families support during the Thanksgiving and Holiday season. You can help!
Holiday Gifts – Monetary or Gift Card Donations!
We are collecting monetary or gift card donations to help families with holiday gifts. By
Friday, November 18:
● Purchase a gift card to Safeway, Giant, Target, Walmart, Uber or Amazon; and/or
● Provide a financial donation in the form of cash, check made out to the CES PTA (note holiday gift card in subject line) or Venmo (@Jennifer-Palich).
● Checks and gift cards can be sent with your student or dropped off at the front office between 9:30 am and 3 pm.
By Friday, November 18, please send in the following food items with your student, depending on their grade:
● Kindergarten – Non-perishable dessert items like prepackaged cookies or cookie/cake mix
● First Grade – Canned or boxed (packet) gravy
● Second Grade – Boxed stuffing or cornbread mix
● Third Grade – Boxed mashed potatoes or boxed macaroni and cheese
● Fourth Grade – Cranberry sauce or canned yams
● Fifth Grade – Canned vegetables like green beans or corn
As part of our food donations, we are also looking for $25 gift cards to Safeway or Giant to provide families with the option to purchase a turkey, ham or other chosen food item.
In summary, if you would like to help with food donations…by Friday, November 18:
● Provide a food item listed above; and/or
● Provide a gift card to Safeway or Giant in the amount of $25 for a main dish; and/or
● Or provide all the food items listed above and a $25 gift card to Safeway or Giant.
The CES staff is looking for donations for the following:
BOOK DONATIONS NEEDED
The Media Center is accepting gently used Picture Books in other world languages and Board Books in English. Book donations may be dropped off in the front office.
The Media would like to add a section of picture books in various world languages such as Chinese, Korean, Spanish, etc.! We would love for students to see their native language represented in the library. If you have any new or gently used picture books in other languages, please donate in the front office.
In addition, the Media would like to expand their collection of board books for our ALS students who would benefit from thicker pages. Please donate new or gently used! Any childhood themes are welcome!
The ALS Department would love donations of the following (good condition items only please). Donations may be dropped off and labeled with Mr. O’Hara’s name on them.
- 1 or 2 pull wagons
- Dinosaur or animal figures
- Musical toys
- Board Books
- Puzzles with very large pieces
The CES FUNd Run has officially kicked off!
Fundraiser packets have been sent home and donations have started rolling in.
Please help support CES by setting up your personal donation page and sharing the fundraiser with your friends and family. All details and directions are in the yellow fundraising packet and can also be accessed at the following link:
For every $10 donation to your page you will earn a raffle entry.
$10 pledge = one raffle entry
$100 pledge = 10 raffle entries
$250 pledge = 25 raffle entries
Some of the prizes are:
- Beats by Dre
- A Scooter
- SkyZone Jump Passes
- Blowfish Poke Gift Cards
- 3 – Dream Auto Mobile Detailing Gift Certificates
- Crazy Mason Milkshakes
- FREE Tickets to the Spring Fling
- The Ultimate Fidget Bundle
The student with the highest donations in the school will win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!!
Each Grade will compete to raise donations by class for a prize. The class of each grade that raises the most will win a special class prize and the teacher of that class will also win a very special teacher prize.
We have a school wide goal to earn $8,500 and when we meet our goal we will have an extra special school wide treat!! As of today we have raised $825 in funds and the classroom in 1st place so far is Mrs Raffael’s Kindergarten class.
Everyone is invited to the fun run, you do not need to raise funds to run and have fun!
Details for the day of the FUNd Run:
- – You do not have to raise any funds to attend the Fun Run and Run.
- – Show up to run with your classmates wearing your school spirit CES School Colors!!
- – Families can run with you or cheer you on!!
- – The run is one lap and approximately 1/2 mile on mostly grass with some mulch terrain.
- – Every participant on the day of the run will receive a participation medal and keepsake charm.
- – Donations are needed for Raffle Entry.
- – The FUNd Run will be 3:00-5:00 rain or shine
- – Kona Ice and BullHead Pit Beef will be there!
We look forward to seeing many of you in your school colors at this FUN event!!
Flu vaccinations are coming to your child’s school on Friday, October 14, 2022. They will be given at NO CHARGE TO YOU. Now, more than ever, it is important to protect your family through vaccinations!
If you would like your child to be vaccinated, you must register BEFORE Friday, October 7:
Fill out the consent form online at:
Join us after school for these Fall 2022 classes.
May 2 – 6 is Teacher Appreciation Week. The PTA will be planning some special events to show our staff how much we appreciate them.
We compiled the below list of suggestions if you wanted to also show your appreciation…..
1. Have your student write a note of thanks or print and fill in the attached template.
2. Have your student bring in a favorite fruit or snack for staff.
3. Provide a needed classroom supply like tissues, glue sticks, pencils or lined paper.
4. Decorate a clay pot and bring in a non-scented plant (cactus, green leafy plant).
5. Bring a flower to a staff member.
6. Donate a new or gently used book for their class library.
7. Buy a gift card to a staff member’s favorite place. Click here for our staff amazon/favorite things list. · If you choose to send a gift card electronically, gift cards can be sent to HCPSS email addresses.· Items from Amazon should have the option of being shipped directly to the staff member.· If you are inclined to purchase an item off the list, please adhere to a suggested maximum gift of $20/teacher per family.
8. Purchase an item off the Guidance Office Amazon list!!
Don’t forget about all of our wonderful staff like our administrators, guidance, related arts, health room, speech therapist, office staff, cafeteria and custodial.
Thank you for taking the time to show our staff how much we appreciate them!!