The winter PTA-sponsored after-school programs are now OPEN for Registration. See below for details on the Winter Offerings. Registration forms were sent home with Students on Monday, December 5th but are also available below. Space is limited! Please fill out the forms and submit payment ASAP by returning to your students Homeroom teacher!
Archives for November 2022
Clarksville Elementary School Spirit Wear makes a great holiday gift for your child. Show your school spirit this holiday season by ordering today.
You can order online, and there will be paper forms available during in-school parent-teacher conferences. Check out our order form for more details. All proceeds benefit the Clarksville ES PTA. https://forms.gle/bKJoaXhoZ997XYMW8
The 2022-2023 theme for the Reflections Program is “Show Your Voice!”
The National PTA Reflections Program invites all students to participate and share their artwork! There are 6 categories: film, dance, musical composition, photography, visual arts and literature; with 2 age groups for elementary school students: K-2(Primary) and 3-5(Intermediate).
Please contact the co-chairs to inquire the rules of entry (highly recommended for film and dance entries)
How to Enter:
– Electronic Submission: Please email your artwork along with the filled-out attached entry form to CES Reflection Co-Chairs: Eric Pang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Xin Gao (email@example.com)
– Drop off: please attach your art to the filled-out attached entry form and drop them off in the collection box in front of the CES main entrance.
The deadline for entries has been extended and is now November 29!!.
We’ve begun to plan for Spring Fling, tentatively scheduled for April 22, 2023!! Spring Fling is a carnival-type event featuring food trucks, games, inflatables, performers, teacher raffle and other wonderful surprises. We need a LOT of help to make it the wonderful event that it is. We need subcommittee chairs or the event will have to be greatly scaled back. Please take a look at the attached descriptions of the various subcommittees and let us know if you can help!! If we can’t get subcommittee chairs, the event will have to be greatly scaled back!! If you are interested in being a subcommittee chair, a planning meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 29 at 8 pm via Zoom. Please email Eileen Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to help!
Click here for more information on the volunteer options!
Help us provide support to our families who may be in need during the Thanksgiving and Winter Holidays!! It’s more important than ever that we support our families who may be struggling this year. In 2020, CES and the River Hill High School PTSA began a donation drive to provide at-need families support during the Thanksgiving and Holiday season. You can help!
Holiday Gifts – Monetary or Gift Card Donations!
We are collecting monetary or gift card donations to help families with holiday gifts. By
Friday, November 18:
● Purchase a gift card to Safeway, Giant, Target, Walmart, Uber or Amazon; and/or
● Provide a financial donation in the form of cash, check made out to the CES PTA (note holiday gift card in subject line) or Venmo (@Jennifer-Palich).
● Checks and gift cards can be sent with your student or dropped off at the front office between 9:30 am and 3 pm.
By Friday, November 18, please send in the following food items with your student, depending on their grade:
● Kindergarten – Non-perishable dessert items like prepackaged cookies or cookie/cake mix
● First Grade – Canned or boxed (packet) gravy
● Second Grade – Boxed stuffing or cornbread mix
● Third Grade – Boxed mashed potatoes or boxed macaroni and cheese
● Fourth Grade – Cranberry sauce or canned yams
● Fifth Grade – Canned vegetables like green beans or corn
As part of our food donations, we are also looking for $25 gift cards to Safeway or Giant to provide families with the option to purchase a turkey, ham or other chosen food item.
In summary, if you would like to help with food donations…by Friday, November 18:
● Provide a food item listed above; and/or
● Provide a gift card to Safeway or Giant in the amount of $25 for a main dish; and/or
● Or provide all the food items listed above and a $25 gift card to Safeway or Giant.
Please share your school events photos for the yearbook.
Click the link to upload your photo. Simply select the event!