PTA Reflections is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program to encourage artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2016-2017 theme: What Is Your Story?
If you would like to participate, please read through the following list. Entries must be submitted by Tuesday, November 29, 2016.
- Identify your arts category(ies):
- Visual Art if you enjoy drawing or painting
- Dance Choreography if you love to dance
- Photography if you like taking pictures
- Literature if you like writing stories
- Music Composition if you love music
- Film Production if you want to make a movie
- Decide what your topic will be for the theme “What is Your Story?”. Who are you and
how do you see the world around you? What does the theme mean to you?
- Read the attached General Rules for Participation and the Rules for the Arts Category that you are choosing.
- CREATE YOUR ART!!!
- If you have any questions, want to receive reminders, or just let the Reflections committee know that you will participate so they can verify your entry was received please use the contact form below and this information will be sent to Mike and Kathie Blackman.
- Complete the Student Entry Form. The title and the artist statement required on this form are very important.
The artist statement is your opportunity to explain how your entry reflects this year’s theme “What is Your Story?”. It is just as important as the art itself since the judges are instructed that half the total score is based on how closely the entry relates to the theme.
Print out a hard copy to turn in with your entry. Please remember both the student and parent signatures!
- Turn your entry in to the Reflections box in the school lobby by the deadline on Tuesday, November 29, 2016. Please complete and include the Submission Checklist with your entry.
The top three entries in each category in each age group will move on to the Howard County Reflections Program, the top three county entries will move onto the Maryland State Reflections Program, and state winners in each category will compete in the National PTA Reflections Program. Last year’s state winning entries can be seen on the Maryland PTA Reflections website and the national winning entries can be seen on the national PTA website under Awards & Events.
[gravityform id=”9″ title=”true” description=”false”]